Tuesday, March 30, 2010

too beautiful

Happy birthday Van Gogh, born in 1853. I wonder why all my Heroes are supposedly mentally unstable? Van Gogh was simply too beautiful for this world. I think that the mentally unstable are not so, just able to see the world with different eyes. Well, maybe only the creative ones. There are people who are effing nuts and should be locked away with electrocution on a daily basis or whatever it takes to make them become overly fond of a reclining chair and day time television.

one of my favorite paintings. 

there are a lot of favorite Van Gogh, in love with your brush stroke and colors since I turned about 4ish.
thank you.

I often wonder at the fragility of the self in the mind of others. I am not sure I care as I am able to not. Although I was kicked out of the drama club for being strange and I went to a fairly liberal HS. Anyway...
 This last one is my painting from a few years ago titled 'funeral for a friend' - I am thinking now that I should use my own paintings for my impending books cover.  I had e-mailed Chelsea Martin about it as I like what she does but now I am thinking differently. She does great work by the way which I will attest to as I've recently legally acquired a few of her books. In 'everything was fine until whatever' I like the small little poems at the bottom of the pages - not all though pages though, some are lacking fine printing. 

The photograph isn't as good as the painting, the black is reflective and has given the painting a false texture. Then again, I've seen some of my favorite Van Gogh paintings in person and those photos do not do justice to the actual painting either. I am not saying that I am a Van Gogh. I am a Jhon Baker.

Beethoven string quartets now, I cannot cope with Ludwig though. Simply his work invades me in such a manner that I lose time.

early memories of erections 

I sometimes miss the fat
lunch ladies from grade school
with their tiny feet

sporting vans and moo-moo
dresses behind cheap
pizza stained aprons.

two brunettes and a blonde
flowing hair hidden under plastic caps;
hair, which I once saw, revealed

at the grocery store with my mother;
where I accidently fawned,
where my mother scolded me

for staring, she knew
how I secretly wanted.
the thought disgusted her

but I still think of them
fondly. their great warmth
and large flesh.
- I wrote this

the thing I like most about being home is my coffee. I make the best coffee on the planet. This can be attested to by several friends, Physical terrorists (therapists), nurses, and my wife. I was trained by two different coffee companies to make coffee and I have now created my own method that is far superior for the home brewer. being out of the house is becoming increasingly difficult. This may be impounded that I don't leave the house much so I am becoming accustomed only my coffee and only my wife's food and only my opinions (and my wife's as well). That and I think most people are assholes and not caring to surround myself with assholes it is simply easier to stay at home.

1 comment:

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.