Tuesday, February 22, 2011

West Coast Image

A good, longtime, friend of mine sent this photo to me - taken from his cellphone. I am in love with it. I haven't seen my friend in nearly a decade, he smartly left Illinois and has made a life for himself by greater beaches - I'd known him since we were both small, both naive, both hungering for a greater tomorrow and freedom. I think of him often, without heartbreak, as ours is an unspoken commitment of kinship.
This image is from the younger brother I never had. and it's poem is building within me as we speak...

3 comments:

  1. How lucky are you to have a friend like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beauty -- and casual cruelty. :-) A snapshot clearly taken by someone standing outdoors -- probably without boots on! And a hat? Hell no! He doesn't need to wear a hat!! He was smart! Moved to California!

    Man. This winter's gotten long, hasn't it?

    Greetings from Mpls,

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.