Tuesday, February 1, 2011

a comment reposted.

Have I ever mentioned that I studied philosophy with a mind to be come a philosopher - instead going to fine arts as the job prospects were the same while the papers I had to write were less. I am reminded of this when I read blogs like Weaving the Moon today and I comment thusly:

now involves so many things, past present and future all tied into a non-linear fashion, how can one focus on the now without proper regard to a timeless essence permeating the outskirts of consciousness?

of course my bent of philosophy is tempered by my poetic style but there you go. That is my thought for the day.
I was awake last night fairly late and begun work on a magpie write, that'll be tomorrow probably or later today. Who knows? I don't know what I should post for tomorrow as it is my one year anniversary of blogging. I've damn near made a year! unless I perish while snow-throwing on my tractor today a year will be accomplished.

I can be proud of myself now.

5 comments:

  1. very awesome, and you should be proud of yourself. I enjoy your posts, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the year, looking forward to your writings in the next one, and I had to concentrate REALLY hard to understand your comment (above)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I've been reading you about 1/2 a year now and it is a a real treat..
    Keep on keeping Mr. Baker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful with those snow tractors. They're tricky ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took 6.5 hours to do most of the drive! normally takes me about 45 min... but I made it. Thank you for the congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.