Friday, February 4, 2011

Magpie #51





















I've never fallen to my knees
     and prayed to God;
tumbling on loose cobblestones
in old town squares,
I've spilled coffee over my shoes
but not often new ones.

perplexed but not quite daunted
or reversed stretching out at the frailty
     and being only man among men,
     poets.

2.
walk with me,
though I do not walk so much as sway, pitch
or stagger.

walk with me,
though I shall be muted, scarcely
swinging my arms at the sides.

walk with me,
though hell I walk, ancient seraphim
in ash and agony.

walk with me,
though hell is too wide for eidetic
narrative.
 
- Hoc Scripsi


image by Tess at Magpie Tales #51

10 comments:

  1. Love the bit about spilling coffee on not-new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jhon, I really like this.. It reads smooth and it makes me want to know "him" more.. maybe take a walk with him..
    Very nice Magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. walking with your words is fantastic.

    love your take here.
    beautiful poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this, Jhon, especially "perplexed but not quite daunted"....and the picturesque description ofyour walking.........good poem. Glad you found your way to Poets United:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice writing, I really like the asking in the second piece though ....sway, pitch or stagger..

    a sense of hope from the first piece to the second...and that one is not alone...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful piece. (It did bring to mind the Seinfeld episode about the girl who didn't swing her arms when she walked.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really good!
    "...though I do not walk so much as sway, pitch
    or stagger." I like this line a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I humbly thank you all for these kind words - I am quite glad that connected with it. now it only needs a title... any offerings??

    ReplyDelete
  10. "With Shoulders Back" is all I seem to be able to come up with...

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.