Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day, how perfect.

It's getting ready to rain in Elgin, Illinois. Perfect Memorial Day Weather. I always try to avoid writing in the rain as I don't want to write about the rain. So many so called poets and rightly called poets write prodigiously about the weather patterns that I want to avoid it. What am I going to say that has not already been said better and worse.
Every time it rains I write the same thing. How I don't want to write about the rain.



the sky darkens and we
wait
wait
wait
wait
thunder, lightening, house shaking
and we can know that it is time.


Holy Peter, Holy Leslie, Holy Dennis, Holy Gary.... My head is still lowered in your honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.