Wednesday, May 26, 2010

cowboys and a bitches brew

Happy postmortem birthday to Miles Davis and John Wayne.
I have an appointment for a casual breakfast an hour away so there are only fifteen more minutes to complete this post before I must be going.
He wanted to meet at ten, a far more sensible time.
The reception dinner at my wedding played Sketches of Spain, to this day my favorite jazz album although once involved in marriage you begin to understand Bitches Brew quite well.
one thing has nothing to do with the other.
Hemingway wrote a book with short sentences, I long to write one with long sentences and short paragraphs about a fish fighting for it's life in the sea only to be caught by some old bastard who shoots himself eventually.
it will not be autobiographical.
My thesaurus doesn't have an entry for masturbation which was never really needed but interesting to look up (found the info on the net).
I'm considering not getting an omelet for breakfast, but french toast instead.
last year I would have just gotten both but I'm older now.


maybe I'll just get both despite my advancing years.


POEM

uncom
             mon
                       inciden
                                     t.
noting
             move
                       ment a
                                    nd colour
my
       eyes
                  watchi
                               ng
                                      when
there’
           s nothin
                          g to
                                  see,
but s
         hade i
                     nto
                            shade
creati
           ng f
                  orm.
                            so I
driv
        e on
                 knowin
                               g ther
                                           e’s
nothi
          ng t
                 o see.


 -  Hoc Scripsi

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jhon,
    my place, tomorrow morning, new original bling for you.
    I haven't had time to comment much lately, but I'm still reading...I'll catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.