Saturday, November 27, 2010

Magpie #42

she couldn't read what it said
or whom it was for
the memory only contained the sudden
image
from an antique shop
or estate sale

it was forgotten now
where or when
but the unexpected frailty,
the image,
weak knee'd her 
stalled staggering
at this moment held
helpless, sightless,
merely astonished at
the wetness of her cheek

falling into gardenias lain
on the bed,
her robe slipping open,
she turned her body
toward the open window.



 - Hoc Scripsi


Image from Magpie #42

not my best effort - but there it is.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my...i do declare Miss Scarlett...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - many of these trophies carry on long after their meaning has been lost. Makes you see how vainglorious folks can be, for wanting them in the first place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd say that's a mighty fine not-best-effort....

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hoc Scripsi"?
    In hoc scripsi vinces. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good jhon!
    I'm thinking I may have to join in on these things...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Jon. There is such pathos to an old, abandoned trophy, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. I enjoyed it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed it too and if this is not your best, can't wait for the rest!

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.