Saturday, March 6, 2010

found poem

I wanted to look you in the eye

and hold you

to fuck you, to know you
but thankfully
        you broke
        my heart

Ack:
there is no poetry in you.
there is nothing left of
the wordless moment
so this is NOT spoken word
but merely a poem

and wherever I am 
you are on
the other side
of the room

- I wrote this


at least I think I did, pretty sure, it was located in the margins of a book from off my shelf. I bought the book new and the poem written in pencil was written in my hand. I am also known for writing in books and more so, writing poems in books so I think I can be as sure as anything about this being my poem. The only problem I can see is this - when did I write it - who is it about, if anybody as it is likely to be written about a character in the book as it is about a living human. I am willing to bet that I am able to sum it all but I am unwilling.

one hand moves swiftly against the other.
a final act of
expression.


- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.