Sunday, March 28, 2010

"being shot is not an everyday thing but it doesn't surprise me."

The man gets shot and he simply goes on. "I'm not afraid... of anything" - Werner Herzog

he says about Timothy Treadwell (aka Grizzly Man) "he's a member of the family, he had something volatile, something broken, something dark, something inexplicably wild about him."

On universal Harmony - "I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony but chaos, hostility and murder."

on death - "one, I will not film a snuff film. Two, there is such a thing as dignity and privacy of an individuals death..."

about being shot at the outset of the interview - "I think bottom line is the poet must not avert his eyes. You have to take a bold look at what is in your environment what is around you even the ugly things, even the decadent things, even the dangerous things...

about being defeated by [it] "of course it is out there but so what I've done battle and I've been a good soldier..."



I couldn't help but post this once I found it. It is not about what I think about Timothy Treadwell but about what Werner says during the interview.

1 comment:

  1. The transgression of the wicked,
    sayeth within my heart,
    There is no fear of God before his eyes.
    For he flatter himself in his own eyes
    Until his words are found to be hateful.
    The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit.
    He deviseth mischeif upon his bed.
    He hath left off to be wise and to do good.
    He setteth himself in a way that is not right...

    King James Bible

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.