Monday, May 16, 2011

This is clearly a post while avoiding an actual post

I've managed to sit back at my typewriter these past few days and get out a few letters I owe to some folks - if you are one of those folks - it'll be in the mail today.

There is the greatest amount of unfinished poetry in my box right now and as where I've the will to finish it, I've not the words or the clarity to see where the fault in the line lies.

I've been avoiding the dentist because I am in no pain - even when I eat a candy bar, which is unusual. However, after remembering all the pain control medications I am on I realized that I wouldn't know if I were in pain or not unless it was as severe as my leg/hip/back/foot. There is a dentist appointment in my future.

I've been selected, without application, as the parent representative of my kids school to interview potential principles along with two teachers and the superintendent. It will be his final choice but my voice will be heard. Quite an honor to be chosen out of 1400 parents - some of whom requested to be the representative. I love interviewing and was always good at it, would have been a police officer if I wasn't so damn distrusting of them.
Some say it is best to change the system from within - I disagree as once you join the group you are part and parcel of said system and gain, though human tendency, a sense of amity and understanding within the group.
people are resistant to change and may villainize the agent of even the most positive of changes.

if never tested, principles mean nothing and have no value.

broke one of my favorite coffee cups today - it had the definition of 'nascent' relayed in a humorous fashion.

sometimes there are things for which no other person can relate without being in situ, alongside your experience. This is the struggle of my poetry about pain.

a recent poet needs to be wrought into shape as a poem - it was that good.

this will receive no such treatment.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats of being selected. they made a wise choice as I feel you will be fair, honest and ask the most important questions. Being a part of the solution is a most wonderful place to be..

    I have so many unfinished poems I may scrap them all and merely start from scratch..or not..

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.