Sunday, April 17, 2011

but, Jhon, what have you been doing with your time?

Dear Jhon,
     It has  come to our attention that you have not been keeping up on your blog. The one that over a year ago you vowed to keep up nearly daily, the platitudes of willful resemblance. I can only hope that you recall the blog that I am talking about. After thorough research we have found that you have not been writing at another blog or moonlighting with a clandestine blog, so the short of it is - what have you been doing with this so called poetry blog lately?

signed,
all the readers you lost due to your inability to continue writing something here on a daily basis - not like it's hard mind you - just something.



Dear Reader,
I've been busy writing and breathing, AKA - the only two things I do well by any measure - although, I've taken up smoking again so I am not so sure on the breathing part.
I realize that some of you have been clawing at the walls for more poetry and I assure that the previous posts poem isn't an anomaly as of late - I have been writing and coming up with new things to compose - only I haven't wanted to share here - I want to share through other publications so my energy has been placed there.

 yours, Jhon

4 comments:

  1. Dear Absent Blogger,

    as a fellow evacuee of blogspot I thoroughly understand. However, if you are so inclined could you perhaps dig in the archives and entertain us with some of your previous posted poems. Merely a suggestion .

    I may not be posting here, I do read, read, read..so post. post, post.. (I asked really nicely)

    Thank you,
    the blog formerly known as BOPAG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoking does take up a great deal of time.There's the buying, the opening of cellophane, the pulling out, the stepping outside, the 'where the hell is the lighter,' the lighting off the kitchen stove... and then there's the breathing in and out for 5 minutes or so. Huge amount of work.
    You know, all the years I smoked I could never find a damned lighter.. now they're all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an avid lover of printed work, and look forward to reading more of your writing in that medium, and I'd gladly pay to have that privilege!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll read your writing no matter where it is. If I know about it, I'll read it!
    My blog is see me only a couple of times a week! much going on...

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.