Sunday, December 12, 2010

Magpie #44

a moment is so difficult...

a moment is so difficult to surrender
tied to it
panic stricken
and momentarily blinded by
it's seeming appetite
for notice

and though I cannot smell it
I think I can
and inhale deeply
and smile at what
no-one else here can.

a small thing really

one of the small things really
but I hold on all the same
out of fright and exhilaration
afraid to exhale and lose
unable to cope
or replace.


 - Hoc Scripsi






Image courtesy of Magpie tales #44

8 comments:

  1. ... inhale deeply and smile

    A lovely Magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I enjoyed this very much!

    Sure, just take a deep breath and smile! I'm also with you on taking cat-naps...or Power naps! The world would be a much better place if everyone took an afternoon nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been holding my breath, too, my cherished friend. With your permission I'd like to print a copy of these words for my 'nest'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you - and of course Kevin, print away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's easy to glide along with this one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Magpie.

    I'm jealous of your ability to capture the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice Jhon. It's good to be out and reading! Thanks so much for checking in on me! I really appreciate it...

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.