Saturday, August 14, 2010

post #212

and I hate elevator music.


    Fragrant cyclamen
line the walk, pointing
        toward the sun.

 - Hoc Scripsi


I drink from a coffee cup that I bought while vacationing in the Outer Banks, North Carolina - fittingly, imprinted on the mug is - "North Carolina".
life changes so quickly and every morning I think that if I don't get out of bed it will cease to change at all. Of course I am incorrect, of course I eventually get up, get dressed and enter a day already begun, of course I've missed breakfast.
I love breakfast as I usually eat it with my son who lately has been unable to rouse me from my morning delusion. If only I could get to the mind correcting coffee before I flail about in fantasy land where things only make sense the more schizophrenic it is.


'Frank and Earnest' and "The Other Coast" comic strips have spider punchlines today.

2 comments:

  1. Not that you ask, but I spent all of my childhood summers at the Outer Banks..
    I too flail about and am thinking of hiring someone to help me be more un-flaiable in the am's..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the other end of the sleep problem. No matter how late I go to bed, I'm often up well before the sun.

    ReplyDelete

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.