Thursday, July 15, 2010

the minutae of 07/15/2010

I am trying to write from my screened in porch today. It isn't working well, or at all really. I suppose that I could write about the birds or the trees that adorn my property. My son and beautiful wife are basking in an inflatable pool which took about an hour to blow up with my compressor and fill from a hose connected to an indoor faucet. I am going to demand at least an hour of fun out of them individually for the effort expended.
Speaking as an animal lover, I am about to start picking off the plethora of fucking squirrels and chipmunks that are overrun on the property. They are cute up to about a dozen, I suppose I am the one that moved into the middle of a forest (not really just a lot of old oaks scattered about). Then again, there is a small forested area on the property where most of them live which is great - stay there, frolic in peace and cease digging little holes in the lawn and driving my cats out of their collective minds (actually this is quite funny and I don't mind that part a bit). We have a gofer I think. I haven't seen it yet but know it from the enormous holes it digs into the ground, if it knows what is good for it it will move away now that I've packed dirt into the tunnels - we haven't seen a resurgence as of yet but I think a 8mm German Mauser ought to scatter it about the yard as food for carnivorous birds and other scavengers. it is funny in that I used to not care about these things when I rented apartments and houses. Now that it is mine I have a different expectation of the critters and neighbor kids - mainly staying off the lawn unless they are playing with my kid. , this going for critters more than the neighbor kids where I have actual liability.
Last night I forgot to write in my adversaria or at all yesterday. I was distracted by searing amounts of pain running through my leg. I have been making a habit of overdoing it, yard work, proper relations with my wife, standing and walking about and such, even lying down does not diminish only not adding to the current level. Today is better and I am still learning to take it easy after 3.75 years of this.
You may have noticed that I haven't posted part two of the thirty-aught six poem as of yet. I decided in the late hour that it needed a complete rewrite and as I do that we will all have to wait. Only the first two verses are done but there are things that time should move aside to allow them be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will reply to communications via e-mail. If you have not enabled e-mail communication then I cannot reply to your communications, if you want to hear back, you must enable me to do so, everything is more personal this way.